S12 Solutions has responded to this guidance change and user feedback by enabling AMHPs and section 12 doctors to quickly and easily complete, hold and share Mental Health Act forms in its secure, digital environment.
Guidance from NHS England and the Department of Health and Social Care confirms that professionals may complete, share and sign statutory MHA forms electronically during the Covid-19 pandemic.
Key features and benefits:
- In-line with NHS Guidance
“Services may complete and communicate statutory forms electronically during the Covid-19 period, including signatures” Becky Gate, Senior Project Manager, Digital Mental Health, NHS England, and NHS Improvement.
- Contact free
The platform provides a contact-free method of completing statutory forms during the pandemic.
- The forms
Complete, sign and share the following forms:
- A2: application by an AMHP for admission for assessment
- A3: joint medical recommendation for admission for assessment
- A4: medical recommendation for admission for assessment
- A6: application by an AMHP for admission for treatment
- A7: joint medical recommendation for admission for treatment
- A8: medical recommendation for admission for treatment
- A10: emergency application by an AMHP for admission for assessment
- A11: medical recommendation for emergency admission for assessment
Insights & Benefits of the S12 Solutions Platform
David Bradley, Chief Executive – South London & Maudsley NHS Trust, provides his personal insight on the S12 Solutions Platform and the benefits to the NHS Trust and patients.
The section 12 app has been a brilliant innovation. As a doctor I can put my availability on it so I no longer get calls on days when I have chosen not to work and it seems to make life much easier for the AMHP’s to find me when I am working.