S12 Solutions is a specialist healthcare tech company based in Bath. Our product is an app and website (platform), which helps mental health professionals efficiently complete Mental Health Act 1983 processes.
S12 Solutions was established in 2017, successfully piloted in 2018, and its core product released in 2019. Today, S12 Solutions is supporting approximately 6,500 mental health professionals and working with 75-80% of Mental Health Trusts. S12 Solutions also belongs to two national NHS innovation programmes and is a Gold Standard Investors in People organisation.
We’re looking for a Senior Developer to join our talented team.
- Full time
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Home-based, with visits to the office in Bath as required
Senior Developer Responsibilities and Requirements:
The Senior Developer will take ownership of delivering major functionality, from requirements gathering and technical design, to delivery and support. They will be trusted to make important decisions, and effectively manage technical investments, to meet immediate and strategic goals.
Successful candidates do not need to join with all requisite skills but should have a technical foundation to deep dive into any area.
Senior Developer responsibilities:
- Work on all aspects of software design and coding in line with business strategy
- Listen to customer and team feedback, and use this information to design and develop software features for existing and upcoming products
- Work with the software development team to support our existing product range
- Program in a team environment and help other team members with task completion, reporting to the Technical Lead and Product Owners
- Participate in the full development lifecycle including requirements gathering, estimation, development, QA testing, and deployment in an agile environment
Technical aspects of the role include:
- Helping maintain our DynamoDB and PostgreSQL databases, including help with support issues by querying data with GraphQL not yet in our self-service system
- Work with our existing React Native app to add new features and tweak the existing features requested from customer feedback
- Help to design and build new projects in a ReactJS web-only environment, including working with our AWS infrastructure utilising Lambda and AppSync technologies for both RESTful and GraphQL APIs
- Help design and build new React Native apps from the ground up to help extend the S12 Solutions product range
We’re looking for someone interested in learning and working with the following core technologies:
- React Native
- AWS including: Amplify, AppSync, Lambda, S3, DynamoDB, CloudFormation, event messaging (SQS, SNS, EventBridge)
- TypeScript (NodeJS)
- GraphQL (Apollo experience is beneficial)
- Jest, Storybook, or other testing libraries
Applicants should be comfortable learning many of the above technologies on the job. They should have solid foundations necessary to pick up new skills.
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org before 4 March 2022.